New Build Student Accommodation located at 30 to 36 Thomas Street, Dublin City Centre. The site was surrounded by a listed protected structure which was refurbished as part of the work scope. The development comprises of a 247 unit Student Accommodation building with ancillary facilities , together with retail units at the ground floor of the existing Thomas Street properties. Dolcain Engineering was the lead coordinator for the Mechanical and Electrical Installation and was responsible for issuing coordinated services drawings and detailing builders work requirements.
The building consists of the following:
- Retail units in the ground floor
- 247 Student Accommodation Units
- Study Rooms
- Common Rooms.
Supply and Install:
- CHP Plant –2no. 20kw units
- Boiler Plant-3No. High efficiency no emission to support the 2no. CHP engines in producing heating and hot water for buildings. Located in the basement plant room
- HIU units –The heating installation for each accommodation unit consist of a Heat Interface Unit, wall mounted located in the kitchen
- Domestic Hot & cold Water
- Ventilation & Comfort Cooling
- Testing & Commissioning
- Clash Free BIM design.